Want to visit the set of America’s Test Kitchen and watch a live taping of the show? How about win a 1-year membership to CooksIllustrated.com?
We would love to invite one blogger (and a guest) to tour the test kitchen and watch a live taping of the show on Monday, May 16th from 2-4 p.m. This is an exclusive opportunity, since our show is not open to a live audience (the space is tiny!).
You don’t need to live in Boston to participate, but you must be able to get to Boston on your own for this visit. If you’re not in the Boston area, no worries — we’re also giving away three 1-year memberships to CooksIllustrated.com, which gives you access to more than 3,000 recipes from the magazine’s 18 years of publication. And, stay tuned for a larger, national blogger challenge in the future!
To enter the challenge, blog about making our Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. It’s one of our most-well known recipes: a chocolate chip cookie that’s moist and chewy on the inside and crisp at the edges, with deep notes of toffee and butterscotch.
The deadline for submissions is May 10, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. We know this is short notice, so don’t feel like you have to write a book for this challenge. We’re looking for personality and creativity, as well as a well-written post with excellent photographs. Be creative, experiment, and most of all, have fun! We’ll also be sharing your submissions with our Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr communities, so this could be a fun way to meet new bloggers and find new readers.
Good luck! We’re so excited to see your blog posts.
1. Blog about your experience making our Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. Follow the recipe and be sure to include photographs. You must credit Cook’s Illustrated for the recipe, and link back to our website, CooksIllustrated.com.
2. Copy and paste this form into an email. Fill it out and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Blogger Challenge” as the subject line by May 10th at 11:59 p.m. (Tuesday night). Our judges will read through the blog posts and notify winners by Thursday, May 12th.
Blog Post URL:
Are you able to visit our set in Boston, MA on Monday, May 16th at 2 p.m.? (Yes or No)
(If you are unable to visit our set, you can still participate to win a 1-year membership to CooksIllustrated.com).
3. The challenge ends on May 10, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Limit one entry per individual. The challenge is limited to residents of the United States who are 18 years and older as of April 26, 2011. The decisions made by the judges at America’s Test Kitchen are final. The winner must make his or her own way to the set of America’s Test Kitchen, in Brookline, MA, for a tour on Monday, May 16th at 2 p.m. If the winner is unable to attend the tour, an alternate winner will be chosen. We may link to your blog post submission from our Twitter, Tumblr or Facebook feeds.
4. The winning posts will be selected by editors and test cooks here at America’s Test Kitchen. We’ll pick one winning blogger to tour the test kitchen (with a guest) on Monday, May 16 at 2 p.m., and three additional bloggers to win a 1-year membership to CooksIllustrated.com.
5. Although this is not necessary for an entry, feel free to tweet us your blog post @testkitchen and include the hashtag #TestKitchenChallenge. We’d love to retweet your submissions.
6. Have a question? Email me, Steph Yiu, at email@example.com.
Not a blogger? Here’s another way to win a behind-the-scenes visit (for the 2012 taping).