What Do Chefs Give Up For Lent?: When you’re surrounded by food and drink day in and day out, it’s probably hard to give up eating or drinking anything in particular for Lent. But that doesn’t stop some of the top chefs in the country from doing so. The Daily Meal has a slideshow of what some of the nation’s culinary masters are doing without for forty days. Prolific New Orleans chef Josh Besh is going vegan, Lydia Shire of Boston’s Scampo and Towne Stove & Spirits is giving up carbs, and Lidia Bastianich is giving up pasta (and, she hopes, some extra pounds as well).
- foodcomapanda reblogged this from americastestkitchen
- keanureevesinpointbreak likes this
- beardedgoodness likes this
- xellismizuka likes this
- mack-michael reblogged this from americastestkitchen
- strangeloopstrangeloop likes this
- bluedreamsss likes this
- quitepolished said: You can’t just straight up give up carbs for lent. They are in a large majority of food plus they are your body’s preferred source of energy, you need them.
- justagirlindenver said: Isn’t it John Besh?
- gjmueller likes this
- americastestkitchen posted this