An Extra Charge for Whiskey Without Ice: Ordering your whiskey neat could drive up the cost of your tab at certain establishments. Devin Leonard of Bloomberg Businessweek found this out the hard way when he ordered a Woodford Reserve without ice at BLT Burger in New York City’s Greenwich Village. The drink came, the bill came, and then so did an extra $2 charge. When Leonard questioned the manager about the extra cost, he was told that many restaurants and bars were upping prices because ordering a drink without ice means you get more booze. Leonard did some research and found that this isn’t exactly a wide-spread practice, at least not in NYC. It looks like BLT Burger could be breaking new billing ground.
- nailtipflips likes this
- shoeshinebrewingco likes this
- oregony reblogged this from americastestkitchen and added:
- amomenttothink reblogged this from americastestkitchen and added:
- lungpiece reblogged this from americastestkitchen
- lauterthanbombs likes this
- schadenfraulein reblogged this from americastestkitchen
- gettingknowledge said: If you are pouring with a jigger, then this should not be an issue.
- heathernicolezilla likes this
- sarahspy likes this
- americastestkitchen posted this